Friday, July 25, 2014

Adventures in Finding the Perfect Snack

Adventures in Finding the Perfect Snack
The key to every good diet is eating... According to Michigan.gov (No I do not live in Michigan) One of the reasons fad diets fail is that: "Diets Deprive us."

Average diets tell us when and how much we are allowed to eat. They give us certain foods to stay away from and demand that we eat other ridiculously expensive foods or foods that taste like shit... Like Acai Berries.

I do not know about the rest of you but I do not have a lot of money; I can not afford and do not have the time to cook every night. I work a very demanding job and finding the time to eat can be hard.

Thats where nature box comes in!

NatureBox has many options to serve your needs.
  1. Just feeding yourself at your desk while at work - try out the $13.95 option, recommended for an army of 1, and choose three snacks and take the bags to work with you... its better than grabbing a doughnut out of the break room.
  2. Got a Battle Buddy or Family that needs some snacks to - The Deluxe Box is recommended for 1 - 3 people and lets you choose 5 snacks that you can share. and it only costs $19.95
  3. Are you in ROTC and your whole Squad wants to snack along with you? - Your in luck for just $29.95 you can get the Happy Snacker Box. 2 bags each of 5 customizable options that you can share with your squad. Recommended for up to 5 people. Divide the price and get the above option for 2 people for only $15 each.
  4. Want to feed a whole Platoon? - You can with the Smart Snacker option! For only 49.95 you get 4 bags each of your 5 Favorite snacks or let them surprise you. Split the cost 4 ways and each person gets option 2 for less than option one... comes out to just under $12.50 per person. Recommended for a small army AKA 8 to 10 people!
For the last two months we have been running on the happy snacker and this is what we got this month!

I was sadly disappointed by most of the products that we selected for this box.

Honey Mustard Dipping Sticks

Well the Kids Liked Them


These were not even edible in my opinion. I tried them by themselves and I also tried to eat them with ranch (kinda defeating the purpose of healthy snacks) They were a very sharp taste and I did not enjoy them at all.

Mango Orange Chews

I Want a Lifetime Supply


Similar to the welch's fruit snacks you can buy at the grocery store but so much better.
There have been many times where I have gone to walmart on my way home from worked and grabbed a box of fruit snacks and ate all the none grape and raspberry flavors for my dinner.
I wish they sold these in the grocery store I would eat so many of them.

Southern BBQ Sunflower Seeds

My Wife Wants a Lifetime Supply

 
I did not eat any of these as I am not a huge fan of sunflower seeds but my wife loved them and is getting more of them in our next box.

Lemon Tea Biscuits

Probably better with Tea

   

These were not horrible but they were not great. They were really dry but I did like the lemonyish taste if you ate like 6 of them at a time.

Apple Pie Figgy Bars

Is it still American if I say I did not like these?


I don't not like them but compared to the strawberry ones I got for June I was very disappointed. I would have loved them if they had little apple chunks in them and they were a little juicy.

We are possibly upgrading to the Smart Snacker ($50) box next month depending on our finances.

Shake a box of Chihuahuas -> Follow us

Have a Happy and Healthy Week



Thomas Gould!

No comments:

Post a Comment