Friday, August 1, 2014

Being Successful is a choice!

"Failure is necessary, success is optional!"



Today was supposed to be: "the day."
I was supposed to be ready to enlist by today.

Unfortunately I have failed, I have been in a funk since I went to see the recruiters back in June, I have not been motivated to push and have not been sticking to my diet or any kind of work out routine. I have actually gained 5 lbs since the recruiter which puts me further behind.




This was an inevitable failure. I was pushing my self really hard and driving too hard toward a goal that I knew was possibly unattainable (Seal training) and then when I failed my vision test I went into a tail spin of binge eating, laziness, and COOKIES!!! (lots and lots of delicious cookies)

I was told that I will be put into the assistant manager training at my current job so that I can go in front of the review board in December.

So here I was presented with two options do the hard thing and work my butt off (literally) and join the military by August 1st, or take the easy route and go through the training for Assistant Manager.

While each choice has its benefits and its costs there is only one choice where someday I can be awesome. I obviously made the wrong choice, and because of it I failed at my goal.

Now it is time to shift gears, revisit my goals, and make my failure a success. I need to follow my own advice and make a list of goals that I need to meet and move forward following a plan geared toward meeting those goals. Also I need to pick a goal completion date that I can realistically meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment