Monday, May 19, 2014

A day late and a dollar short

Well actually a week and three days late and no money short but...

Life can be frustrating sometimes, you crash your new mustang that you have not even had for a year and total it, then you drop your replacement Samsung Galaxy S4 that you have only had for two months in the parking lot of work and crack the screen, to top it all your weight loss has plateaued.

How do you deal with it all?

don't GIVE UP!

I bet most of you did not see the don't.

For the last two weeks or so I have been hoovering between 212 and 215 lbs depending on the time of day and food and water consumption. This has been aggravating because up to this point I had been losing pretty consistently.

FRIDAY MORNING!

I woke up and sprung a leak just like I do everyday then blindly pulled the scale away from the wall and stepped on...

211.8 lbs

Hooah!

Bell hop... down please!

As the day progressed even with eating and drinking regularly I dropped off another 2 lbs ending the day at 209.8.

WHAT?

The next day I weighed in between 210 and 209.9 so my month old scale is working just fine.

However

I would like this scale or one similar to it


Working hard or hardly working

Both - I work hard I push my weight lifting, my run my diet while staying in a safe zone.

leg day used to kill me I would not be able to get in and out of my car; yes my 2008 Ford Mustang sat a lot lower to the ground the my moms Avalon does but still... with out my legs completely killing me. No matter what workout I do, no matter how much weight I lift my legs do not hurt. Same with my arms and chest in the upper body portion. I have only felt one day of core and repeating that exercise routine did not make me feel it again.

I have tried changing my routine to make it so my body does not get bored or complacent or what ever it is that people say happens when your routine does not change. I even tried using some recommendations from the Director of Fitness at the Naval Special Warfare Center and I did not feel that either.

I am not exactly sure what I should do to remedy this:
  • Move up to more sets
  • Push heavier weights
  • Just keep working and build resistance
One thing I know I want to do is buy a weight vest, ankle weights, a medicine ball, and elevation training mask... But I can not afford them.


To add some comedy to an already annoying situation - We maxed out the weight on three machines and almost maxed out two more... I asked my friend what to do next and hes said "Go to another gym" - Stupid year contract.

Final Note:
I am trying to make these posts more interesting and more interactive but I am not exactly sure how. I wanted to make it a video post instead of just a diary entry but I do not have the time to edit the video or equipment that can record good quality HD Video.

No comments:

Post a Comment