Friday, May 23, 2014

Personal Training & Re-motivation

I work in food service and I have been at my current job just over two and a half years. For most of the time I have been there I have been trying to move up to a store manager but I realized this week I do not want to work in food service and I do not want the stress that comes with being a manager.




This week has brought to my attention how much going into the military really means for my life.

This goal means I get a second chance, I get to do something with my life that means something to not just me and my family but to the whole country and the whole world. I need to work hard at my life to get the discipline that I have to have to move through life with a purpose.
I still have a hard time pushing myself to do the push-ups and sit-ups that I need to build the endurance to be able to meet my goal of getting into bud/s. I get so tired, distracted, and sore that I just want to sit in my crappy broken desk chair, then I get stiff from sitting in the chair.

Monday will be a start of a new era in my training, swimming every day, running and Mandatory 100s interchangeably everyday. In addition I had a appointment today at planet fitness with a personal trainer and he is helping me work up to where I need to be in august.

PERSONAL TRAINING


I arrived at my appointment at 9:29 (not quite as early as I would have liked)

When I got there I checked in at the front desk and told the lady I had an appointment and she points at this skinny guy in a yellow shirt behind her.

I do not know what I was expecting, I knew from Planet Fitness' reputation that I was not going to get some huge muscly guy in a tank top acting like a drill instructor.

I was not really expecting a skinny soccer coach either though

The first thing he said to me is that we were waiting for one more person.

I went and sat down and thought how is a personal training session personal if there is more then one person. Luckily the other person never showed.

We talked through out the entire workout about my goals and when and how I get sore and ways to resolve some of those problems I am having. We did the 30 minute circuit which is a full body workout and the only part I had a hard time with the shoulder and chess press. At some points I was considering increasing the weight because it seemed to easy to me.

He asked me why I wanted to be a seal and up to this point I had not really given this question any consideration. I answered him the best I could with several different reasons.

  • I have always wanted to be in the military.
  • I love to scuba dive.
  • I want to do more with my life and be awesome.
  • I like to travel and adventure.

On Monday I will be able to pick up my personalized workout from the front desk.

NUTRITION
I have been having a hard to sticking to my diet, just like everyone does.
When I am at work and I get hungry or stressed out I have to choose to eat nothing, pizza, or fried chicken wings. The best choice of course is nothing; but when you work in food service and you are constantly inhaling all the fumes from food it is hard to not eat.
I plan on making sure I eat before work everyday and then bringing something to nibble on..
  • Carrots
  • Celery
  • Cucumber Spears
Something...

Once I get all my bills caught up I am going to learn to cook some healthy chicken recipes that I can make in advance and take with me to work and for lunches and other times I do not have time or the energy to cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment